Friday, May 11, 2012

I apologize for not updating for a long time. However, my final semester of college is now complete and I am now an alumnus of Concordia College with a Bachelor of Music in Clarinet Performance! I am hoping to one day soon create a website dedicated to both my art and music. I am planning do that within the next month or so.

Anyway, here is a new drawing I am working on. I was thinking about bees and how I rarely see one buzzing around anymore. So yes, that is a bee on her hand. As I sketched out my composition ideas I wanted to feature a girl while still highlighting the bee in the image. So I created a frame within a frame using the girl's right arm, which creates a perfect triangle for the bee to sit in.

As I drew more and more there seems to be more hidden messages coming forward, such as the combination of birds and bees in the drawing and the abundance of roses. We'll see what more emerges as I draw more <3

Original ink sketch

Detail of work-in-progress shot

No comments: